ISO/IEC 20000 Auditor [P-I20A2]
Preparatory course which prepares the participants as external auditors for the implementation of the ISO/IEC 20000 certification.
ISO/IEC 20000 is an international standard for IT service management, which describes a consistent set of management processes that are important for the effective delivery of services to enterprises and their customers.
ISO/IEC 20000 is aligned to the process approach defined in ITIL®, complements it and is assembled from different components:
- ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 (Part 1) contains the formal specification of the standard and defines the requirements for a service management system.
- ISO/IEC 20000-2:2019 (Part 2) provides guidance on the implementation of service management systems and includes best practices for service management processes within ISO/IEC 20000-1.
- ISO/IEC TR 20000-3 (Part 3) contains guidance on the scope definition and applicability of Part 1.
This course prepares you as an auditor to perform ISO/IEC 20000 certifications. As a candidate you will prove your understanding of the principles of IT service management and the contents of the standard ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 (Part 1).
- Understanding the organization and its context to ISO20000
- Working out the needs and expectations of interested parties
- Determining the scope of the Service Quality Management System (Scope)
- Service (Quality) Management System
- Leadership and Engagement
- Organizational roles, responsibilities and authorities
- Measures to deal with risks and opportunities
- Service management objectives and planning to achieve them
- Planning of the service (quality) management system
- Monitoring, measurement, analysis and evaluation of the service (quality) management system
- Management Review
- Overview of the certification procedure
- Implementation of internal and external audits
- Including practical exercises for conducting audits
- Including sample exams
Participants who wish to attend this course need at least three years of auditing practice in the IT sector. It is assumed that general auditing techniques and knowledge are available, as this is not part of this auditor course. Candidates are expected to know the standards ISO/IEC 17021 and ISO/IEC 19011.
- external auditors working for certification bodies
- internal auditors who have to check the conformity of the ISO/IEC 20000 requirements internally
- at least three years of practice as auditor in the IT sector
- general audit techniques and knowledge, as these are not part of this auditor course
- Good knowledge of the standards ISO/IEC 17021 and ISO/IEC 19011
Teaching materials in German
ISO/IEC 20000 Auditor folder includes:
- Student workbook
- Trial exam
The official ISO standards
“ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 IT Service Management – Part 1: Specification” and “ISO/IEC 20000-2:2019 IT Service Management – Part 2: Code of practice”
can not be given for copyright reasons. The documents are available in the course. However, we recommend that you obtain these documents in advance and use them to prepare for the course.
Can also be held as an internal seminar for groups of 6 or more